Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

MegalomaniacNG  [developer] Feb 24, 2016 @ 9:48am
BETA Patch Multiplayer is back & Worshop Support Added - UPDATE #15 Bugfix update
Hello folks,

We finally completed our initial chunk of work. We are sorry it took so long but we wanted to do it properly.

To access the beta please do the following:
Follow this guide http://ds.nordicgames.at/SteamBetaBranchGuide.jpg
Under Step 1 select "Titan Quest Immortal Throne"
Password for step 4 is: nordictqitbeta
The branch for Step 6 is named publicbeta

Changelog
Update #15
31st July 2016

Technical bugfix update

- Fixed bug where items could be placed out it the inventory grid.
- Fixed bug where "toggle voice chat" key triggered when entering a text in the chat window.
- Fixed unintended display of debug information.
- Fixed bugs related to game stability.
- UPnP backend for more reliable network connectivity updated

Update #14a - Hotfix
23rd July 2016

We fixed some issues with the networking part of the game.

Update #14
18th July 2016

This patch adds an in-party voice chat function and larger health bars in the current UI scheme. Also after all the hero improvements it was time for the enemies to step up their game with better AI and some heroic reinforcements.

The full list of changes can be found here: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_Beta_Patch1.25_ChangelogFull.txt

Update #13
5th July 2016

Besides some minor fixes and adjustments this patch is all about items. We looked at every unique item, relic and artefact in the game and buffed many of them up in order to make them more exciting to find and use. Some of them also form new sets now, and all of the old sets have been adjusted to be worth collecting and wearing.

If you have time, the full list of changes can be found here: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_Beta_Patch1.24_ChangelogFull.txt

Update #12
11th June 2016
We finished the mastery balance pass with improvements to Spirit, Dream and Nature, adding a cooldown display to skills, and introducing a few difficulty adjustments to Epic and Legendary modes. Moreover modders are now able to modify files without any restrictions on what the game actually loads.

The full list of changes can be found here: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_Beta_Patch1.23_ChangelogFull.txt

Update #11
11th May 2016
Highlights of this patch are better performance through optimized world loading and major improvements to the first six masteries in the course of the main skill balance pass.
Most of the many small changes are buffs to underused skills which are now viable alternatives when building your characters.

The full list of changes can be found here: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_Beta_Patch1.22_ChangelogFull.txt

Update #10
30th April 2016
Highlights of this patch are increased potion and scroll stacking and auto pickup for gold and potions.
This patch concludes the long backlog of database related fixes, solves a number of old issues and improves the balancing with some improvements related to physical spells, difficulty transitions and pet scaling.

Also we have done a lot to better support mods. Modders can now submit their work to the new TQIT Steam Workshop where you can subscribe to the mods you like for automatic download/updates and also give direct feedback.

The full list of changes can be found here: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_Beta_Patch1.21_ChangelogFull.txt

Update #9
1st April 2016

Huge gameplay update. No April Fools' prank - this update features huge mechanical changes and fixes. It should be at least on par with the fanpatch now.

- Added stat dependancy for all major damage types. Poison and Bleeding increase with dexterity.
- Added maxima of 80% for dodging, projectile dodging and cooldown reduction
- Fixed broken Triumph, Arcane Lore and Ravages of Time skills
- Amended many missing or inconsistent skill values
- Lowered some numbers on Onslaught to compensate for the skill doubling their effect
- Fixed pet AI, some pet skills, and pet damage not scaling at high levels
- A lot of poison damage bonuses now actualy have an effect
- Averaged inconsistent base vitality and poison resistances of Undead across the game to 150 and 70 (for now)
- Fixed a bunch of holes and inconsistencies in monster spawn lists
- Fixed diverse monster skills and equimpent
- Fixed some missing offers and inconsistencies in item shops
- Sorted out a lot of difficulty confusion with item drops, properties and affix levels
- Several previously unseen unique and monster items can now actually drop
- Fixed +skill affixes appearing on staves and shields, among others
- Fixed inconsistency of several items with their respective sets
- Fixed a plenthora of bugged stats on individual items
- Fixed a bunch of item and skill sounds
- Fixed quest rewards, including the Stygian Lurker and Hades Generals buffs

Detailed list of changes can be found here: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_Beta_Patch1.2_ChangelogFull.txt

Update #8
22th March 2016
- Fixed bug, where items can't be placed in some inventory slots after changing UI scale in the main menu.
- Fixed bug, where items in the inventory were missplaced and couldn't be selected without a game restart
- Fixed quest window scrolling in resolutions greater than HD
- Fixed bullet points alignment in the quest window

Update #7
16th March 2016
- Changing UI scale does not need the game to be restarted
- Increased UI scaling factor for resolutions over 3k
- Added -noupnp command line option. Try to use it when the game crashes at launch.

Update #6
11th March 2016
- Added menu option for UI scaling. Orginal, medium or large mode can be selected.
- Fixed main menu on resolutions bigger than HD
- UI scaling: Fixed object selection in the caravan inventory.
- UI scaling: Fixed portal window bugs.
- UI scaling: Fixed not working close button in the quest window.
- Actual game version is displayed in the main menu.
- Fixed checkboxes in quest log window
- Added Russian & Czech localizations

Update #5
9th March 2016
- Added support for user interface upscaling. In this release it's done automatically. For resolutions that are above 1920x1080 scaling factor is 15%.
For resolutions that have width between 1600 and 1920 it's 7%.

Update #4
3rd March 2016
- Fixed "Server Error" issues that could happen when server browser menu was visited just before hosting a game.
- Fixed not working LAN games after connecting to internet services.
- Fixed bug, where last joined game server name was used instead of the given one.

Important Note:
If you can't start the game at all, try to reinstall manually Microsoft Redist packs.
They are located here:
Steam\steamapps\common\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2005\

Update #3
1st March 2016
- Support for Steam invites
- "Server Error" text is not longer displayed in a single player game.

Update #2
27th February 2016
- Fixed "Network error" message while connecting to servers.
- Added in-game notification about server status. If you get "SERVER ERROR" text at the top of the screen, please send us logs from the game. While you see this message, other players can't connect to your host.
- Fixed menu hung while login to the TQ online services.

Update #1
26th February 2016
-Player name limited to 15 characters. Entering more caused error in account creation.
-Longer email can be entered in the registration menu
-LAN Games are now functional
-Fixed few bugs that caused connection errors.

24th February 2016
- Added new multiplayer and lobby system
- Implemented NAT Traversal and NAT Proxy Connectivity Layer
- GameSpy removed
- Added support for 1280x720 resolution

General & Renderer Improvements:
- Fix shadow acne artifacts
- Fix water shore disco color issue
- Improve shadows (using poisson soft shadows)
- improve editor region selection combobox
- improve lighting
- Re-work shader
- Add shader include support
- Improve Terrain Shader
- Force shader model 3.0
- Add artmanager rebuild menu option
- Improve archive compression level
- Improve archive file buffer size
- Add anisotropic filtering support
- Several small fixes
- Fix mouse pointer out of window issue (ClipCursor)
- Remove virtual memory check

If you have connectivity problems please upload the NATLog (can be found in the TQIT install folder) file from all involved players
Any feedback is welcome!
Last edited by MegalomaniacNG; Jul 31, 2016 @ 1:36pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 885 comments
VatsOfGoo Feb 24, 2016 @ 9:54am 
This patch will get the final version or will hang like Gothic 3? Thanks. :azriel:
Igor Feb 24, 2016 @ 9:58am 
I've entered the code and got confirmation but the beta has not appeared in the list.
MegalomaniacNG  [developer] Feb 24, 2016 @ 10:03am 
Originally posted by DejaVu:
This patch will get the final version or will hang like Gothic 3? Thanks. :azriel:
There is a reason for this - savegame incompatibility with the old default version on Steam.

Originally posted by kisonik:
I've entered the code and got confirmation but the beta has not appeared in the list.
Please restart your Steam client.
frw Feb 24, 2016 @ 10:04am 
can't run the game in beta mode
VatsOfGoo Feb 24, 2016 @ 10:12am 
Originally posted by MegalomaniacNG:
There is a reason for this - savegame incompatibility with the old default version on Steam.

Is it really so bad that we have to resort to such measures? The games in Early Access are often saving break for example and nothing. :alyx:
Last edited by VatsOfGoo; Feb 24, 2016 @ 10:17am
MegalomaniacNG  [developer] Feb 24, 2016 @ 10:18am 
Originally posted by frw:
can't run the game in beta mode
Does any error message pop up? Can you run directly the TQIT.exe in your STEAM\SteamApps\common\Titan Quest Immortal Throne directory?
Vinter Feb 24, 2016 @ 10:44am 
Thank you very much! Just one question: is there will be an anti-cheat system that not allow to use inventory managment apps or item hacks etc.? It is just not so fun to play online with hackers who already have inventory full of sets and every single item on the game.
Last edited by Vinter; Feb 24, 2016 @ 10:48am
NeonSocialite Feb 24, 2016 @ 12:00pm 
This is awesome! Any compatibility isssues with the fanpatch?
Last edited by NeonSocialite; Feb 24, 2016 @ 12:02pm
அεలεໄ ♬ Feb 24, 2016 @ 1:29pm 
What is with the fanpatch 1.17a ? does it work and with the skins in it ?
And what is with my play-friends ? They play with CD version. Can we still play together, when I am play with this beta ?
MegalomaniacNG  [developer] Feb 24, 2016 @ 1:50pm 
Yes, it should be fully compatible with the fanpatch. We might do the fixes the fanpatch does also in the official version. We are generally open for further patching ideas.
At the moment we dont have a plan to give the patch out for free to any customers. We will investigate if we have a way to track old CD keys.
[40-1]King_Kosher Feb 24, 2016 @ 2:23pm 
Woa,it`s happening!
Unknown Feb 24, 2016 @ 6:41pm 
Can't launch the game in beta. It says the following: Failed to start game (unknown error). I tried to restart steam and reinstalling the game too. Did not help.
Last edited by Unknown; Feb 24, 2016 @ 6:43pm
[40-1]King_Kosher Feb 24, 2016 @ 8:00pm 
MS32.dll and DevL.dll are the reason it won`t start when using the exe directly from the Folder. Started from steam it just loads a bit and then stops without showing any error
NeonSocialite Feb 24, 2016 @ 8:45pm 
Originally posted by MegalomaniacNG:
Yes, it should be fully compatible with the fanpatch. We might do the fixes the fanpatch does also in the official version. We are generally open for further patching ideas.
:steamhappy: "Adding fanpatch fixes".."further patching"...you guys are awesome and will support you in anyway possible! Does this open the door for potential steam achievements?
Hydraxiel Feb 24, 2016 @ 9:17pm 
Okay im going crazy here and Im not sure how to ask this question exactly how it sounded in my mind when i asked myself....

Was the loot display function switched to a toggle rather than "press and hold"?

Back when I used to play this game often I seem to remember mapping display loot key to spacebar and having to hold it down to see the gold and all loot above the common rarity and now i also seem to remember that showing common items was a separate key altogether...

After opting into this beta i seem to be able to press spacebar and the loot stays displayed on the ground. i can toggle between common loot, gold and uncommon and above loot, or nothing visible.

I have this feeling like I may be incorrect about all this but if this was an implemented change then I am so thankful.

< >
Showing 1-15 of 885 comments
Per page: 1530 50